Thursday, August 16, 2012

DAY 27/29

Wow, have come to the end of another training week, - did a tough session today!

Efforts include:

Sat: - 50.5k bike ride, definitely pushed it speed wise a during second half after a slightly cruisy first half ride!

Sun: - felt naughty, it rained, I only did a few pushups and plank but then it was 9.30pm, not even a structured session.  Missed planned run!

Mon: - 12.5 mins rower, 2.8k or thereabouts L10 I think.  Just over 6k running at 0.5 incline, 11.4 speed on treadmill.  Full body challenging weights/resistance workout on machines.

Tue: - Tried to push it a lil hard on the treadmill, at 1.0 incline and 11.5, did 5 mins, was just so fatigued, so pushed speed back to 11.3 and incline down to 0.5.  Struggled but just after it hit 20 mins I dropped speed back to 10.2, just made it to over 6k.  Followed that up with de-puffing and stretches, then a 30 min hard core resistance workout with mate, (phew), then just 5 mins on new 'stepper' machine, - nice and hard too.

Wed: - 9.6k 'Bridges run', - 59 mins, 17 secs, - 4 mins slower than last Wednesday, was windy, and after a really busy particularly active day at work.  Still happy with dedication to just get it done!

Thurs: - Treadmill run where I set incline at 0.5, then speed at 11.5 and suffered through till just after the 30 min mark, - then I dropped speed to 10.6 but pushed incline up till 6.8k were covered!  Followed up with stretches, loads of water, then chest and back and shoulder resistance work, then went over to the mats/dumbells.  I did 3 supersets of 30 powerlunges holding 4kg dumbells, 30 pushups, - (10 toes, 10 tricep, 10 knee), 30 bicycle twist crunches.  So after the 3 sets, - 90 of each were completed so I made self do a set of 10 of each to finish off to make it 100 of each!  Next was biceps, leg press and more abs/core with swiss ball. 

Fri, (tomoz): - DAY OFF TRAINING!

I checked scales progress, - Day 4 was 81kg, Today, (Day 27) - 77.5.  Can notice there is slightly less back flab and breasts are slightly smaller, - still much fat to remove/muscle to tone around torso lol!  I have dressed like a dag these last few weeks as I have limited nice clothes that fit with my recent bit of a gain, (workout clothes, elastic waisted trackie type pants and baggy tops, (which become more fitted) and polar fleece jackets)

I have a desire to keep this up.  I want to keep up the increased resistance training, (working toward better all round strength and levels plus pullups!)  I also want to keep up the running, cycling, get into more swimming again and rowing..........am working toward being competent in shorter distance triathlons in NZ and not coming last haha!  Also am still working on a sub 50 min 10k outdoors, a sub 25 min 5k and I still want to finally complete a half marathon sub 2 hours.  I have come really close when at last years mid year 'peak' to all these targets, now just want to see if I can nail them!  It will be interesting to see how my physique responds over time to a higher resistance training load, much less wine/alcohol in future and staying off diet soft drinks and with keeping mostly sugarfree and of course bingefree!  Will keep you posted!

More to write, but it's late so beddybyes for me :-)

Pip

2 comments:

  1. Wow your drop on the scales is quite impressive. You gotta be happy with that

    :-) M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Magda! Yep!, am happy with that in current circumstances :-) It's a little slower than it used to be with my recent efforts than a few years back, (when I could blast about 8kg in 29 days lol)......but there is more intense resistance training as well as intense cardio, and certainly no 'dehydration' readings cause of too much wine! I LIKE how I went about my lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete