Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DAY 26/29.......straight......and.....narrow !

G'day!

Am still going strong, no booze, sugarfree, no bingeing, committed intense training, no pastry/deepfried food, no diet soft drink.........all TICK TICK TICK still!  Just 3 more days till I can proudly say I reached the finish line of this self imposed 'challenge', all boxes ticked!

RANDOM THOUGHT: When I am training quite 'intensely' like at the moment, I dislike dropping off the effort!  The last couple of weeks Wed arvos have been a long outdoor run day, - have done my 9.6k lap 3 weeks in a row on Wednesday after work, (oh, actually once on a Thursday as Wednesday was pouring with rain so I gymed it).

Today however was a particularly mammoth day at work, just flat tac and I got out late.  The last couple of days have been intense sessions at the gym.  The last thing I felt like doing was the 9.6k run, - but I'd done it the last 2 weeks, didn't want to drop my standards, (felt like going home, curling up with a wine lol!)  However run it was, I did it, not a bad time but it was 4 mins slower than last Wednesdays quite pleasing time.  Tomorrows training will be another gym effort, with a day off training on Friday.

I am getting much more training in than my baseline of 3x cardio, (enough for sweat up at least 30 mins a pop each) a week and 2x challenging resistance of at least 30 mins each.  In future if I ever back off a bit, I'm not to go below my baseline level unless I deem circumstances really permit.

Just 6 weeks left at work this Friday.  9 weeks till I head to Thailand on Friday.  Between finishing work and going to Thailand I intend to really nail some study and keep up the fitness training a bit.  I have intended to recently do some revision prep for next year but I find time is ellusive!  Am quite excited about finishing up at work, - have been with the company in some way and form for almost 6.5 years!

So...........the question begs: - am I planning some wine for Sunday hahaha?  This challenge will be finished!  To answer, I haven't made a decision on that yet.  My housemate is home late in the evening such as 10pm or so, (we won't be then as we are both working early in the morning).  I will hopefully train, but spend a good while making her home as spotless as I can for her return, including hopefully sweeping outside patios etc.  I will remain non-committal either way regarding wine this Sunday.  If I finished this challenge on a Friday or Saturday I would definitely say 'yes' or even 'yes' if there was a party on Sunday.  Am non-committal but am leaning toward no wine on Sunday.  I really want to not drink weeknights so I may even drag the alcohol free thing out another week!

I intend to keep up all the other stuff, - definitely no bingeing, - stay sugarfree except for rare special social occasions, keep off the diet soft drink again, refrain from pastries and deep fried foods, (except perhaps small amounts where the host has gone to great effort at rare social occasions) plus I want to be fit, (lean too) and feel I can stay committed to a decent training regime.  As for wine, - I'd love to still enjoy it but want to reduce consumption to no more than a quarter than what I used to have!

Talk soon :-)



2 comments:

  1. Pip, I cant believe you're contemplating whether to have a wine or not on Sunday when your challenge is over. I'd be like 'hell yeah!!' LOL.

    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Magda! The temptation is still there! However I have a bit to do this weekend and I also think my housemates parents may rock up during Sunday, - don't want them seeing me drinking alone lol! I could bike to the pub for one, (not something I do regularly) but generally I attract only weird dodgy old codgers I want to 'flick off' who are intrigued with a chick alone in a bar so may wait till Friday week or next social occasion, hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete