Monday, August 13, 2012

DAY 24/29.......HOME STRAIGHT and WEIGH IN

Hello all!

Still haven't caved!  Am fully on track!

Friday was a nice day off training, - I watched the Olympics and footy in evening and read a bit more on my e-book, ('Toughen Up'), written by Michael Hill Jeweller!

Saturday I had planned a ride, - rode push bike to Scarborough beach and back via Hillary's Marina.  I was hoping to get away by 9am, but didn't wake up, (no alarm) till a bit after 8am!  Then had brekkie, mucked around, did housework, watched Olympics and didn't get away till 10.45am.

I stopped off for lunch, (16k enroute) at Hillary's Marina.  I was concious of going for a relatively healthy option, (of course not sugar, pastry or deep fried food)  not too huge quantity wise or not too expensive!

I settled for a Mexican burrito which was advertised as fresh and healthy and the accompaning nutritional info didn't look too shocking.  I skipped the rice which is normally served on the burrito but enjoyed it with blackbeans, beef, lettuce, fresh tomato/basil/cucumber, corn kernels, medium spicy sauce, red onion, and asked for a half serve of the grated cheese and only a 'tiny' blob of sour cream, (I made sure it was small) so I even chopped the calories slightly further.  Was delicious and a new eatery I hadn't tried before.  Yes, the tortillas were made of white flour as that was all they had but I'm not at the point of being extremely anal about one meal a week on average :-)

I did notice, I walked past the pubs and eateries on the Marina with people hoeing into battered fish and chips, garlic bread, meals with really fatty looking pork chops and chips, creamy sauce based pastas served with white bread, - none of it looked at all appealing at all!  The colourful salads, steamed veg, steamed looking fish/seafood, small quantities of lean meat and OK, dark rye bread type foods look much more appealing.  Although the glasses of beer and wine on other people's table did look good :-)  After the burrito I stopped into Gloria Jeans for a small skinny flat white, (I drink coffee at work but only when out in the weekend!)

Next stop was Scarborough Beach.  I parked up, actually went for another coffee, (arvo snack) and read the paper and took a few photos, then it was time for the 25k ride home going as fast as poss, the weather was coming in, (which I beat) and there were less people on the cycle paths which meant a nice fast ride!  50.5km all up according to my Garmin when I got home!  Nice light healthy tea and more watching of the Olympics!

Sunday ended up a little lazy, housework, reading, (finished my e-book), watched Olympics, was 'planning' a run all day but it kept on raining, (still could of gone out I guess).  Then 'planned' an aerobic/resistance session on the tiles to music, too lazy but and my book, the internet, TV etc were too enticing, then it was after 9.30pm, - I deemed it too late!

I made up for yesterday at the gym today!  5.9km run on treadmill at 0.5 incline, mega full body weights workout, then the killer rower for 12 mins, then abs. 

WEIGH-IN:  It fluctuated backwards and forth between 77.9 and 78.0.  Will go with 78, - that means down 0.8 since last Monday and brings the total loss to 3.0kg since my first weigh in on this 29 day mission.  I must look odd, I am the only one I notice to remove my sneakers before weigh in.  The scales are right beside the water fountain, many around are either waiting for the scales or to fill up their bottles so they can easily look over their shoulders to see what I weigh, as I could do for other people.  Can start to notice a small difference, - some emergency 'fat pants' I bought on special which fit 4 weeks ago, now hang off my bum, and are bagging around my slightly more toned thighs, that was fresh after a wash.  Can also tell stomach has gone down slightly but it still needs LOTS of work.  Upper body and arms are infact getting maybe just a tad more muscly than before, :-)!

I despise Mondays, - a little urge for a binge was there today, - blaming Monday and the fact I felt slightly disappointed that I didn't train yesterday but no bingeing eventuated, - urge gone.  Am now confident I will complete this 29 days as I set out to do :-)

More soon on 'general life'!  Pics below are from Sat just been.  Sorry, no time to edit or crop pics.  The marina is at Hillarys, the beach pic with me in blue top is at Scarborough, quick self portrait and took my hair out from under the helmet!





Pip :-)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome work Pip and just remember there is NO WAY that you'll blow your 29 day challenge now. The finish line is near. Cross it strongly. Nice drop on the scales and its always good to see bits firming back up, isnt it??

    xx m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for that Magda! Day 27 now, still have not caved! Quite a bit of flab for me to lose. However I think shoulders, arms, thighs have toned up somewhat, I have been doing more resistance training than in past! I did some new UB exercises on Tuesday, nice DOMS today lol!

    ReplyDelete