Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DAY 18/29..........

G'day!

Well, I am now well over the half-way mark with this which is encouraging. 

My only self perceived 'glitch' (which I'm not at all worried about) so far is the bit of pastry I ate at Sunday lunch with a friend I caught up with.  I had notified her in advance I was booze-free and sugar-free for this 29 days, (so she didn't buy wine or make cake/dessert for us)!  She then sent me a text asking if there was anything else I didn't eat, I sent one back saying everything else if fine.........then a thought hit me which was I'm not supposed to be eating deep fried food or pastry either!  But I thought it was too fussy to send her a text stating that, as it isn't often I catch up with her and it's not like I'm in a figure comp in a few short weeks or allergic to stuff or fussy by nature.  She made a big meal for us for lunch, - nice homemade tomato soup with a freshly baked bread roll, then a chicken pie with a pastry case/a creamy sauce, potato salad, pasta salad and some garden salad.  I had a smaller spoon of the pasta and potato one and more of the garden salad.  Of course that is more lunch/some different type of food than I am used to now, I didn't train that day, the thought passed me by that I 'shouldn't eat tea' to compensate for the bigger lunch but I also had an urge for a binge, - the first urge for binge food this challenge!  I didn't binge, (although I tried to ignore it, the urge hung around a few hours).  I just told myself the urge would eventually leave, which it did and I settled for a normal but light tea by my standards, good to see my mate but, she is lovely.

I had Friday off training, flogged myself with a 10.1k hilly run Sat arvo, then a army styled half hour workout on the tiles in the evening haha while watching the Olympics.  Sunday morning I had a crazy idea I'd get a 50k ride in before 11.30am, - that being ride to Scarborough, treat self with a skinny flat white, then bike home!  But I got to bed too late on Sat, weather looked dodgy and I found myself busy with other stuff!  It's on the agenda for this coming weekend though!  Yesterday I FLOGGED it at the gym.  I started on the rower, pushed myself as hard as poss for 11 mins, at the 10 min mark I see I had done 2.340km, - new PB at level 10.  Next it was the assisted pullup machine, a few others, where I really gave it my all, then I headed to the treadmill for the fastest run I could do in 30 mins, - 5.68k yesterday before cooldown.  Then it was time to torture my abs.

I had my weigh in before my workout yesterday.  78.8 it was.  1.4 down on last week and 2.2 in 2 weeks.  Happy with that, - but a few years ago with my efforts of late I would prob have shed 4-5kg in that same timeframe lol!  When I say happy, I mean I really should not have gained this flab in the first place!  Am noticing I am progressing a bit with the weights, I have been more disciplined with resistance work than in the past, - maybe I'm imagining things but think I can see a lil more definition around the shoulder area and maybe can feel it.  I would be interested to know what my lean mass is, - last time I got it checked on a DEXA scan maybe 3 - 4 years ago it was only 46.3kg,.  I would like to think I am increasing it a bit instead of letting it decrease with age.  However I have been told earlier this year I appeared somewhat toned and muscular., - hmmmm. 

Still finding it a bit of a fight not to indulge in a wine, - particularly Friday and Saturdays, - but am pleased to have made it this far, - so I have to until the end!

Loving watching the Olympics, what dedicated talented people!

Gym time now, - so will talk again soon!

Pip :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment