Monday, August 26, 2013

INTERVAL RUNS and PUSHUPS...............

After my attempt the other day, I decided to revisit my 'interval running'.  That is 500m in under 2 mins 30,.......then walk till I hit 5 mins, then another 500m run by 7 mins 30.......etc until I have done 6 running intervals!

I went up and down my road a few times so I could stay on tarseal, and not worry about gravel, pot holes or much traffic.  AND.....by almost the skin of my teeth I made it, running fast enough in each interval!!!  I think in the first couple I set off with a slightly cracking pace, fatiged after about 300m but still held through to complete the intervals in just sub 2:30.  At the end I think I started slightly slower, but really had to pick up the pace in the final 200m to make it.  I actually think I averaged about 2:20 instead of 2:30 for each interval as I wanted to be real sure!  I used my garmin watch for this, a very handy device!  Blimy, that was hard!  I left a water bottle outside my place so if it was a walking interval I was passing by, I may have been able to have a gulp!

Today managed 10 pushups on toes first round before lowering to knees, and 7 on the second.  That's my best effort this year, for probably for 11 months.  I felt I was going quite low too which was good.  I have been working resistance relatively consistently lately, even outside of Crossfit classes.  Oh, also today, I did a 10 minute uphill walk, starting at incline 4, but increasing to incline 7 at 7.4kmph on my treadmill.....a nice little burn before stretching and starting my interval run.

I missed this evenings Crossfit due to my sis and her hubby and my nephews invite to the first meal in their new home!  Was great to be there!  Crossfit though, the next 2 days.

I went hunting for pauas on Sunday, (a shellfish).  Well, my friend did the hunting, and I watched him, and the tides!  Still it was a great powerwalk there, hills involved so some burn!  And lots of clambering over rocks.  He got some too, then he did everything he needed to do to mince them up!  So we had yummy paua patties for tea.  And I was dared to try sea urchin to eat as he gathered one of them too.  I would never think to eat that, and am not in a hurry to have any more but it actually wasn't too bad.

Friday night we had the Paleo challenge party wrap up!  A chance to dress up nicely!  Have to say I was surprised, (even if it was a squeeze, but a wearable squeeze) but I managed to get into my Cue size 12 charcoal suit and wore that out with a Cue size 14 fitted blouse underneath.  Blouse was a bit tight, but not impossibly stupid looking when I took jacket off.  Usually I'd need to be about 3kg less for that suit to start being a possible but tight option, so that was pleasing.  The evening was great fun, top company, nice food.  When it came to buffet dessert, - they had a table with all types of cakes, desserts, sponges, chocolate things, cheesecakes, eclairs, slices etc with a big bowl of fruit salad in the middle.  I had no plan, other than follow the crowd for dessert, wasn't hungry as dessert isn't a habit and I'd just had a good buffet but healthy main.  I KNOW if I started, I would have then found an excuse to want a bit of everything!  Sooooo, I grabbed a good sized serve of fruit salad, then got straight out of the food room lol!  A couple of others did the same so I found out later.

Till next time,

Pip


2 comments:

  1. Ironic that a Paleo challenge is wrapped up in such a non-Paleo way LOL. Great work on your interval training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Magda, training is coming along nicely at the moment, a long way to go till I get to where I want fitness wise but there have been improvements, and I've been consistent other than about 5 days off training a couple of weeks back as I succumbed to the flu. Yep, ironic that the paleo challenge wind up catered lots of non paleo food for us! All the fruit salad got gone, lots of the other stuff was leftover apparently!

    ReplyDelete