Wednesday, August 7, 2013

'FUNNY' COMMENT AT THE POOL TODAY!.......

Howdee,

Firstly, in regard to Crossfit....I do kind of wish I went last night.  Just after my carb serve, (smallish bit of microwaved kumara otherwise known as sweet potato) and another hour of rest....I felt like I could of pushed out a reasonable effort.  I had the faint idea it was going to be a 'team WOD' yesterday as I saw someone talk about that on FB today who did the 6.15am class, and we follow the same protocol in the evening classes that day.  The thought of being fatigued, my teammates yelling at me (with encouragement)....made me decide to pull the pin.  Definitely will get there Sat morning though!

Anyway today was 'swim day'!  I started out with my usual 40 laps freestyle, (1km) at pool, I beat last week by about 45 seconds for a km....so was pleased with that!  After some water slugging, I did 4 lengths backstroke, a couple of doggy paddle lengths, 4 lengths holding 2 kickboards working on strong fast kicks...nice leg burn!
Then decided to do 3 lots of 50m 'sprints' again....I kept up last weeks pace for all of them, even think I improved each 50m sprint by 2-3 seconds.  I had done a couple of kickboard laps between each 'sprint', - anyway I totalled 60 laps today!  1.5k that is!

It was quiet there today, - great for me, - probably only 2-3 other swimmers so the lifeguards and staff weren't too busy.  As I got out, I had a lifeguard young lady come up to me.  She said, 'How was that swim, I don't mean to be rude but'...........

I thought 'here we go again'.....expecting to be about to be informed how un-efficient, (un-co/awkward looking) my swimming technique is.....maybe then try to be sold swimming lessons etc.  I'm very used to be told in most sports that my form/technique would benefit from lots of improving!

But no, she said, - 'How was that swim, I don't mean to be rude but you need to buy smaller togs!'  I smiled, told her I have had these a few years!  But my first thought was, 'have I been showing indecent parts of my body'?  I assessed myself, - my togs are navy blue, a one piece Roxy surf brand with muscle back set.  The bottom of the muscle back comes half way up my back, (not just covering bum) and togs aren't high cut.  She then pointed to the gaping bit at bottom of muscle back that my back doesn't quite fill out, - revealing nothing!  She then said that one of her observations was that too many young ladies with fit looking bodies wear 'nana' like togs!  OK, I felt flattered at being labelled 'fit' as I still have quite some way to go.....but I guess compared to her, she considered me fit!

Maybe I might go and get my size 12 sports tankini out, I would usually want myself lots leaner and at least under 75kg before I would even consider bringing that out, even then there are many 'overhanging bulges' still.....but it is tight!  But I don't consider the current overhang as attractive lol!

3 comments:

  1. Now that quite a workout. Have fun choosing a new bathing suit. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! At least you weren't showing something you shouldn't have! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha....thanks Teresa! Think I will hold off a while before buying a new swimsuit, I will try on a size 12 sports tankini I've had for years, it will be tight with much overhang in the middle. If it looks too bad I may wear my rashee top over top till my torso sheds a bit more! Eventually I will buy some new bathers!

    Michelle, that was my thought too, but I knew there was no way I could of been after self analysis!

    ReplyDelete