Monday, August 12, 2013

Freakin on the up MORE......

I know I should not have got on the scales again this morning....as I did yesterday, but was hoping they would come down, particularly as I have the group 'weigh in' on Sunday for the Paleo challenge.

Yesterday I took a day off training.  Unfortunately I'd succumbed to the sore throat/tickly throat/cold thing I hoped to happily avoid.

And I had/still have DOMS from Sunday's power fast steep hill walk/run, - 2.5 hour trip.  Still feel like a nana walking somewhat!

And my left wrist is a bit weaker feeling/clicks more than normal when rotating it.  I am slightly my tentative opening jars etc.  Nothing overly serious, I can't think of any time I actually injured it but gee, my wrists are something I guess I normally take for granted and don't think about.  If my wrist doesn't come back to normal soon, it will affect training.

Well the 70's was short lived it seems.  The 79.9 I briefly saw last week.  80.6 yesterday.  81.4 today!  Admittably I ate some icecream that had been in the freezer for ages, but 100ml tops, and had a teaspoon of honey on it.  First time I'd felt like anything of that nature in ages but with a sore throat, and trying to study I just want to EAT, (not from more hunger than normal but temporary pleasure!)  But I had nothing otherwise excessive to eat, and I ate a light tea, and early....hoping that would help jolt the scales back! Only yesterday and today I could kill for the handcrafted Patagonia chocolate and caramel gelato (made on premises) that is up in Queenstown, just over 2 hours drive away lol!

I did have an omelette with silverbeet, pepper and feta on one slice of toast today, (no butter this morn) after I weighed.  Even though feta was reduced fat, the sodium in that will probably spike weight further.

The thing is, with the amount of effort with getting fitter, diet etc I've put in.....I've never stayed anything like this fat or heavy before for this long!  I love Paleo but can't say it's that, as I've been doing the Paleo thing only in a VERY modified version.  Maybe I've done more strength training than I do on average when I train and that with repairing muscles, they are holding fluid.  But another guess is, - what I reading.  The more one yo-yos, the harder it is to lose and it eventually catches up one day.  I have yoyoed drastically, also now being 33 I think I need to be consistent for longer.  An example of the yoyoing is that yesterday I really had to fight with myself not to gorge on chocolate, copious amounts of icecream, caramel sauce, cheese, Thai noodles, even a bit of battered fish and1-2 potato wedges.  But the funny thing is I had no desire to gorge on or eat these foods for a good few weeks leading till yesterday.  But if I'm grumpy/out of sorts, sore throat, injured, having to study, the habitual 'urges' spring upon me lol and it's hard not to give in, or to choose something small and stick with that......as I feel something 'small' opens the door further to more 'desires'!

Will talk soon!

Pip

No comments:

Post a Comment