Thursday, October 18, 2012

THAILAND TODAY!!!

Well, it is 12.08am.  Alarm goes off at 4.45am...........for me to get up, dressed, to head out the door to be ready for my taxi at 5.30am which takes me to the airport!

Have vacummed and tidied up a bit.  I bought a pair of new comfy Teva's, (sport/beach sandals, - better than jandals for climbing over rocks etc).  Hope I have packed right.  I think the only thing missing from the list is binoculars, (haven't got those!)  Not sure if my long light weight trackpants with a long sleeved shirt is suitable enough for visiting a temple but it's what I have got for now!  And I have a nice hot pink luggage tag!

I had sent my sleeping bag back to NZ with all my luggage, - bought a light weight summer sleeping bag for $12, - think I'm 4-5 nights camping!  We have a 3 day trek near Chiang Mai up north in the hills, visiting tribes, (4-5 hours trekking a day so not too major)  and a 3 day kayak near Krabi with camping each night as part of my trip.  Other days have bike riding/visiting temples/scenic areas etc.  A couple nights accommodation is in an overnight 'sleeper train', - another night on a 'floating raft'! Otherwise at a guesthouse or hotel. 

On a grading of 1-5, (1 the easiest and 5 being challenging fitness wise), - mine is a 3.  It's an active tour, - but I believe it doesn't matter if you're not superfit!

Some meals are provided on tour, - some aren't.  I have 2 days either side of the tour which I have no plans for at this stage, however my accommodation for these nights is booked and paid for.  I am staying at the hotel which my tour company G-Adventures uses as their starting point for tours out of Bangkok.  I have paid for a G-Adventures rep to meet me at Bangkok and transfer me to the hotel so I will see if this happens!

I have bought a travel adapter for Thailand, so hope to charge phone up and use the Wi-Fi to do the
odd facebook update where possible! 

Hopefully I have some awesome fun stories and photos to share on my return :-)

I return to Perth on 6 Nov, - so will prob have an update done on 7 Nov!

Bye till then!

Pip :-)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear all about your adventure. Safe travels, have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete