Sunday, October 7, 2012

NICE THINGS OF LATE...........


Hello all!  Just thought I would give you a post/update of things I am really currently enjoying.

A week ago, I was coming to the end of my foundation so was on the lookout for a newbie.

I did once have a nice Lancome one I liked but at $68...........no I wanted to go cheaper!
My last Revlon liquid one was average, the colour consultant matched me up etc, the coverage was prob quite thick, - but all in all, - ok, not great but I bought it as it was only $28.95 on special.  I remember I once liked 'Body Shop' liquid foundations which are priced in the $30's so I cruised in a local shop for a look.  The sales consultant was very helpful, asked me what I was after etc, - then in the end showed me this compact 'mineral' makup as pictured.

She then matched my colour up, applied it and I fell in love!  I have had mineral makeup 'powder' before, (therefore was sceptical), it frustrated me as all the loose powder somehow flew onto white vanity units, all through makeup bags making atrocious messy stains DESPITE me closing the damn lids firmly, - and it took ages to get the 'look' I liked, (I don't spend ages with makeup, like it light and natural) so I decided liquids and even tinted moisturisors with sunscreen were easier.

BUT I wanna tell you, I think the pictured Body Shop mineral makeup foundation is AWESOME!  It ISN'T a powder, it comes with a decent brush for application, it can be applied to the coverage level required but never looks caked on and it has an SPF 15.  It is priced quite expensively at $48.90 I think but is NICE!  I guess I can just recommend that one gets the right colour for their skintone!

The next pic is of my new Clinique perfume, (nice subtle clean fresh everyday scent) as I ran out of my old perfumes bought 2 years ago.  I bought the small size, - and by buying this and some Clinique 'City Block' SPF 30 facial sunscreen I could get a 'free gift', - hence the colourful filled cosmetic bag below! 

If I ever buy any more 'expensive' cosmetic products, (ie not supermarket cheapest stuff on special or BodyShop stuff), I make sure I purchase at a time of the year where I get a 'decent free gift' for spending $60 or $70! 

This year the 'gift' was magical!  I received the cosmetic bag, a nice black mascara, a  'repairwear uplifting cream', some 'repairwear laser focus wrinkle UV damage corrector cream', some moisturising lotion, some foaming cleanser, a beaut natural lip gloss, 2 fashionable eye shadow colours in a nice compact with applicator!  I must say that 'travel' sizes have become more generous of late, - will last me a while!  MOST importantly with Clinique, the lids/caps seem to stay on everything well, ie no nasty stains in or through my nice cosmetic bag!  My challenge is to see how long I can keep it that way!!!

The last pic is the earrings I received as a leaving gift from my workmates when I called in for my final stuff this last Friday.  Stirling silver with amethysts, - I feel VERY lucky, - luv them!!!!!

Am definitely enjoying not working!  However once I hit NZ I know things will get busy for me, I have quite a bit to see to on my agenda.

Till next time,

Pip :-)


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Magda, am liking that mineral foundation lots and am still keeping that makeup bag clean!

    ReplyDelete