Wednesday, October 3, 2012

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Well peeps, I am someone who has luved fitness for years, - ever actually!, - fought hard to attain great new fitness levels and health, and have had many highs of new PB's.  When 'in the zone' I love it, never feel I'm what I would consider 'overly obsessive' though, have NEVER followed any type of 'strict' dietplan.  However when 'in the zone' I do really push myself with my workouts as I like to see new fitness results/improvements etc FAST!  I always say 'this is it', - I will never take a big fall.

However until now, - the enivitable is that I do,  at some point, eventually fall, - to the point of weeks/months of ummm, bingeing or out of the zone behaviour where I gain a heap of kilos and lose a heap of fitness at lightening speed and all that it entails.  When 'out of the zone', restarting at a much lesser level, - again- is demotivating plus getting rid of the newly formed sugar addiction, cheesy overindulgences etc which don't even appeal when 'in the zone'.  But as we know, - the re-starting HAS to be done, the sooner the better! 

PLUS, the ideal is 'in the zone', needs to be a permanent lifestyle for me, not a few days, weeks or at best a few months.  Another valid point is that on 'full time in the zone' lifestyle doesn't mean going hard for it every year, 52 weeks a year!  There will be times when we 'go for it' in our training toward whatever we are striving for.  There will also be short periods where we train in a more maintenance or active recovery type of way as we allow other important things to occur in life.  I do believe that 'in the zone' controlled eating/food choices we feel comfortable with need to remain a constant permanently.  'In the zone' doesn't have to mean perfection, - basically it means keeping to a controlled standard that we are happy with as individuals.  Each individual is different.

I am disappointed that at my age, I am still fighting this.  Yes, - I took some horrid bikini pics as I said I would yesterday and they look as I expected them to.  Yes, extra fat feels not so good to carry as well.  However my BIGGEST concern is what all this carry on is doing to my long term health.  I intend to get this in order permanently and hope to be helpful to others in the future with similar issues. 

For me it is about living a life in alignment with my core values.  It is not about trying to please or meet other people's expectations.

The picture above is a contract I typed myself today.  It mentions *GOALS*. then *REALITIES OF WHAT NEEDS TO BE KEPT IN CONTROL, (LIFESTYLE)!!!  I have signed it, dated it.  And it's underway and effective now.

By the way I am still determined not to weigh myself for a good while, ideally not this year!  I took bikini pics yesterday, my proposition is to take a new set of bikini pics every 4-6 weeks of me front, side and back on.  Going by them, fitness levels, habits, how I feel, clothes will determine progress.

The one thing I KNOW and am DETERMINED about this time is THIS IS IT! The permanent zone is here for good!  In the event of an uncontrolled slip/binge, (which ideally will never happen), - I MUST be back to my controlled zone, within 24 hours later.

I will say again, this is about controlled choices I am happy with, not necessarily perfection all the time.

Pip :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment