Tuesday, October 9, 2012

WELL TEAM....................

The older I get, the longer the yo-yo drops, the grumpier I sure get :)

I am really peeved at myself that I haven't got my shit together permanently,  - ie got myself to an awesome fitness level/size/shape where I stayed at, (within a small range) permanently!

In the zone, - where my 'ideal' destination feels close, I feel invincible, - no WAY will I let it slip, (not that I've ever followed a 'diet' or have been overly 'strict' with anything, but eventually.......at some point.......it happens!  Long term maintenance still eludes me!

Right now, I am probably the biggest I've been in years, - since 2008 or 2009 (for a short period then)anyway, - still am keeping away from the scales.  I feel like I'm pretty much bursting out of my few size 16 garments I have, - a far cry from the fit and toned size 10 I was mid last year!, - would say I'm up about 20kg on that.  Not a place where I ever imagined I would be again or ever hope to be in again!

As for last weeks contract, - I was using a kinda 'ease in' approach rather than anything overly strict.  I did OK for a few days, - but a few drinks last weekend turned into a few too many, then too much food, then I caught a sore throat/cold, - all the best when I'm heading off to Thailand Friday next week!  It had better not develop into anything nasty, - and had better go away.  Trip sorting out is getting there, but STILL everything is not finalised.

I have been biking and walking alot, (such as 40k rides or 15k walks in a day) haven't been overly indulgent since not working, (just a bit) but most of the damage while I had my work routine.  Am loving not working though!

Am now in the process of just having have started a little mini detox till I leave for Thailand, - no caffeine, no alcohol, no soft drinks/diet soft drinks or confectionary sugar, no deep fried or pastry food.  Pretty much will stick to the same nutrition guidelines as I did for my kinda recent 29 day challenge, - except give up the coffee as well.  My reasoning for that is I don't want caffeine withdrawal headaches on my tour where there won't be cappucino machines, - and also in NZ I won't be able to have a cappucino machine at my beck and call!  I won't give up coffee for good, - just make it a couple of times a week thing instead of once or twice a day!  Will keep up the walking/riding/gymming, - will add resistance work back in again.  My recent sore back didn't help me keep momentum, - but I have dragged it out as an excuse for too long!

Well, - shedding the 20kg(ish).....to get to my 'awesome form' and attaining a fitness level I'm proud of again will probably be a 6 month(ish) project!  I really hope my body responds, - I know it is slower off the mark as it's getting older, - hope I don't have loose skin etc either, - I feel bad for my body that I keep stressing it!  I still think I have it in me to attain new PB's that I never have before!  To stay focussed long enough to do 2 full chin ups, the splits, get my running speed back there, and really develop my cycling and swimming........but all that feels a good way down the track at the moment!  The lifestyle NEEDS to be kept, -off zone CAN'T creep in.  I have announced the lifestyle I want and aim to lead beyond that!  For sure, - I realise maintenance isn't about 'going at it hard' all the time but some standards need to remain!

For now:
The focus is on being 'on track' till Thailand!  Food wise, dropping the caffeine as something new and working out!

In Thailand, - all bar 4 days I will be on a tour.  Some meals are provided, - some we are left to decide to our own devices. First goal will be no bingeing.  Secondly, - main thing will be considering food safety, - (ie not getting some stomach bug if poss).  Maybe no exotic seafood, (I luv seafood), I have been advised not to eat salad as it's maybe washed in contaminated water.  Maybe cooked vegetarian options and fruit which can be peeled is safest.  Will choose mainstream tour options rather than go out my usual way and be adventurous I think!  And drink bottled water, (no ice in drinks).  It is an active tour with cycling, hiking and kayaking.  I am looking forward to the trip, - just wish I felt fitter and leaner in myself which for me equals more confidence and energy etc! 

I hope to get lots of good photos and learn lots about the culture and lifestyle of Thai people.  Hope to give a really good blog account of this trip when I return!

That is it for now,

Talk soon :-)





2 comments:

  1. Don't know how long you have been posting over here. Sorry I did not notice the link from your old blog. Sounds like you've had quite a difficult time getting your trip sorted out. I totally understand your disappointments, not sure why it is so difficult to keep the weight off permanently. I know exactly how you feel. Regardless do not let this issue take away the joy of your trip. Hope all goes well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa!!! Fantastic to hear from you, hope things are going well for you these days! I still have getting over to Canada......one day.......on my 'to do' list, (definitely in the 10 if not 5 years)!!! Yeah, with the weight/fitness thing I'm almost or about at the end of my tether with that! Think I have to set myself some standards, - and just stick to them no matter what! And if any little unplanned 'glitch/overindulgence/binge etc' occurs ever, there is just no choice but to be back on track no later than the start of the very next day if I am to stop the cycle, then move on for good!

    ReplyDelete