Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekend Update and F**K the scales!!!

G'day again!  Hope it's been a great weekend for everyone!  I have had fab weather here, paper said temp was to hit 29 degrees today, - I think it may have, it was fantastic/awesome!

I watched both footy games, - awesome displays from Fremantle Dockers last night and West Coast Eagles today!  Finals footy is fantastic, - exhilerating to watch!  I'm making the most of this as next year I won't be able to watch the footy, will only be able to go online to check up the scores and write ups on the games, players and news.  Since I have lived in WA since Jan 2005, - I have gotten into enjoying the footy, being inspired by the players and checking out their hot bods as well!

BTW I have lived in QLD from March - Oct 2000, then again from April 2002 - Sept 2003.  In 2001 I lived and worked in Queenstown NZ, from Sept 2003 - Jan 2005 I worked in Queenstown and Arrowtown NZ.

As for the scales, - no I haven't got on them since my last post or for infact, - 2 to 3 weeks I think.  Going by my clothes and behaviours I would expect to see a number which really doesn't please me.  It's not the scale number that won't please me, - it is also my behaviours, current 'look', actual fitness level etc amongst much else. But for some reason, - seeing the result on the scales could actually bring on tears, - not just frustration.

So,.......one may ask, - 'What am I going to do about it'?

I have decided to do pretty much the same as I was doing in the 29 day challenge with just a couple of small differences.  The only differences are:
* Sugarfree objectives which applied to my 29 day challenge still apply, - only difference is there are occasionally parties and social situations where hosts make special efforts to plate up special cakes or desserts.  Not partaking, (when everyone else is) feels awkward.  This isn't a regular occurance and when it happens,I like to practice moderation and go with the flow, - however after party finishes, I need to get straight back to on track, sugarfree etc.
* At least 4 alcohol free days a week, with only ever drinking on a 'school night', - (ie an evening with work the next day) if there is an important party.  Any nights I DO drink, - I have limits which I must keep within.

* The MAJOR difference though............................f***king off the scales!

Instead 'progress' will be measured by:
- how I stick to 'day to day' objectives, (whether I feel in a 'zone' that's going somewhere positive or in 'excuse making mode').......that one can start being achieved instantly.  Making controlled concious choices rather than those........'I shouldn't but.........' ones which delay the inevitable!
- Weeks where training objectives are ticked off feel great, - go for those!
- I know fitness performances don't improve in a straight line, - but if the trends feel in the right direction, - that is fantastic.
- Unfortunately fat loss and re-body shaping needs to be a priority yet again, - for health reasons, to feel more attractive and achieve better fitness standards and to fit clothes.  By looking in the mirror going by garments of clothes I know if I am making positive inroads here.  I don't expect to see any major progress for 4 weeks here.

Basically the reason I want to f**k the scales off is, - I know I am lots fatter than I want to be, I know have gained a few kg at lightening speed in the last couple of weeks and mentally don't want to go through the same old slog with the scales just so soon to get rid of it yet again!

I would love to change some lifestyle patterns, action patterns and beliefs for life.  

In the past if 'on track', I generally got on some scales at least once a week, often lots more.  If 'outta the zone' and I know actions are heading in wrong direction and I'm wasting 'time', - then I can stay clear of them for months!

I'd love to make a behavioural change of making long term lifestyle changes without being a slave to the scale!  I'm sure I will get on them at some point, (like an assessment to do with my course next year) but can't see any reason to this year step on a set of scales!

3 weeks of work left!

Talk soon!

Pip

No comments:

Post a Comment