Thursday, September 20, 2012

BLOG DIRECTION........and THOUGHTS!!!

G'day!

I have been thinking about my blog direction, - pretty much over all of this year.

When I first started this blog, - I loved my vision for it, - and was happy with my first few posts, the photo posts, updates, news and what I consider interesting tidbits of my life!  I loved blogging in that sense, and was really enjoying my attempts at photography even though I was having trouble at posting edited pictures to my blog.

When I first started this blog, - I was in a body composition/weight range that I wanted to maintain and again, - thought all binge issues/wildly yoyoing weight was GONE.  So I didn't want to go on my 'old' repetitive tangent about that.  Instead I wanted to talk about other fitness challenges, (such as the half marathon I did just after starting this blog).  I've always been passionate about fitness, health and nutritious food, a bit of wine, developing my elementary photography and travel/adventure so I wanted the tone of this blog to reflect that.

I am an open person, (I like that about myself in general), - although sometimes think I can be a little too open for my own good.   I wanted this to be a fully public blog talking about stuff I would be happy for anyone to read so I linked it to my facebook profile and wanted to mention it to anyone who I met whom I considered may have been a bit interested.

However the last few months I have found my posts to be a bit repetitive on the yoyo weight thing with not a handle 'I'm happy with'.  After a couple of 'glitches' turned into binges and more alcohol consumption than I was happy with over too long, - I felt embarrassed, still yearned to talk about it.  So I took my blog link off facebook.

 I will let you in on a little secret!  One day in the next 2-3 years I wish, nah plan, nah will kick off a little fitness training business on the 'side'.  I am not sure what my exact logistics or what my target market (s) will be.  I am not aiming for this to be my full time job/business but I don't rule out future possibilities.  This could be personal training, - either mobile, contracting at a local gym or from my home in future, or start off as a weekly fitness class in a park or at my home, or even starting by volunteering to take a weekly free 'fitness class' for any willing participants at a resthome once I get the necessary credentials.  The thought is very exciting anyway!

This may work around another hospitality job or similar.  Hospitality is good as it keeps up one's people skills!  Perhaps I will work toward more employment in the sport/fitness/health industry or something associated.

There are a few books/blogs that I read/have read lately that I find really inspiring.  The authors have been posting some really great stuff!  I find different inspiring stuff leaps out at me from many different blogs and books, - but I fear if I start to list them, I will miss out someone important! ;)

I actually typed out a post a couple of days ago, but when I re-read it before posting I deemed it to  sound really self indulgent and negative.  In a nutshell it talked about many years of yoyoing behaviours, feeling despair about not being now where I want to be or feel I really 'need' to be but I had huge detailed descriptions and took about 5 long paragraphs to write it!   Luckily I didn't post it and decided to go to bed!

But on a lasting note I will mention one book.  That is my recent e-books I have read written by Michael Hill Jeweller!  Why I mention him is that he really didn't put full wheels into action toward achieving his business dream till age 40.  Up until then he worked hard at various stuff, but it took until then, and the catastrophy of him having his family home project that he put lots of effort into constructing.......burn down!  Then being left with not much till he decided to take on his dreams!  I guess most of us know about the success of Michael Hill Jeweller today, - and he is now about 74 and still fit, focussed and involved and doesn't even want to retire.....!  The message I am taking from that, - is IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO START!  If previous attempts weren't long lived IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!

My life is gonna take quite a few fun changes in the near future.  While I don't at all aim for a 'marketing blog' as such, - I don't want it to be or turn into a whinge fest or place to vent day to day frustrations that is taken off my facebook profile.  I guess a reason why I may blog frustrations is because I don't want to verbally do it with mates I see most days. With the view to starting a side business in a few years I would like to have a year or more of 'public blog posts'!  I am still deciding whether over the next few months to delete/edit a few posts and re-create this..........or go for it 'third time lucky' and start a new blog.  I have been giving this all a bit of thought amongst other stuff!

Other than that:

* 6 more days of work!
* 4 weeks tomoz till I fly out to Thailand!
* Back is getting better, still a little sore but can tell it's on mend, nothing major.  Just took slightly longer than a week rather than a few days!

Till next time!

Pip :-)






4 comments:

  1. Pip, life throws everybody ups and downs and its ok to write about them and read about them. I have lots of bloggers that I look up to but when they honestly admit the hard times they go through, it serves to make me feel that I'm ok and they too are human. In other words, its ok to write about that stuff. Its life. Whatever you decide to do with your blog is your choice but remember that few people like reading about perfect lives.

    xx m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pip,
    If it helps any, I'm quite reticent about what I post on my blog - I do try to be honest about my ups and downs but shall we say I've been burned by a few so hence the reserve. I'm definitely no where near perfect that is for sure :) I love and admire your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Magda, I totally agree, I don't intend to write about a perfect life, I just need to learn, 'scrap that but actually do' deal with my challenges more constructively on a consistent basis :-). I prefer to read about 'real stuff' than less real but 'perfect' sounding stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Liz, Like Magda's I really like the honesty of your blog, your knowledge on various topics, other people's comments to your posts and the way you write as well! Glad that you like my honesty. Great to have food for thought here :-)

    ReplyDelete