Wednesday, September 4, 2013

NEW WEE MINI MILESTONE

Well, as I mentioned in the last post, yesterday I'd registered the lightest weight since my return to NZ by 500g, (Nov last year).  That's my lightest weight in about a year now.  Later on in the day I'd managed my fastest 5k since my return to NZ as well....almost goes hand in hand! 

27:47 for 5k, flat route, mainly gravel roads but a few turns.  It was a mild day for here, cloudy, not much wind, about 13 degrees, so it was cold to walk outside in with a short sleeved running top and lycra leggings, but not too bad to once running started!  Actually I was running with an ipod, with quite invigorating songs.  After my garmin told me I reached 5k, I slowed to a recovery jog, (no stopping) for about 700m, then put on a final 'faster killer run' for the last 550m or so to get home.  My previous NZ 5k best was 28 mins, 20 something secs.  So am getting closer to a sub 25 min 5k.  Bring on the warmer weather I say! 

Tonight had Crossfit, the first part of warm up was a 400m row.  After a couple of warm up strides, I could feel without total full effort I was managing average 1:57ish pace on level 10.  Occasionally a 1:53 stroke, sometimes a 2:00 stroke or thereabouts.  I didn't want to fully push my max on the warm up row or lengthen it as the rest of the workout looked horrid.  BUT I am ready to try my sub 4 min 1000m row on level 10 again and see if I can at least beat 4:06 for a km.  If it's not to be, that is fine, but any improvement from 4:06 is excellent and if I can crack 4 mins by any chance....I will have a real nice head swell happening lol! 

We had sprints for skill tonight.  Then we had 'Nicole' for our WOD tonight.  She is...a 400m run, then as many pullups as possible till breaking repeated for 20 minutes!  I used the dark blue highest resistance band....still can't to do any more than 6 or 7 in one hit.  But did 2.8k running and 44 pullups in 20 mins as my first attempt of that benchmark.  A bit of time was spent getting into the band and chalking my hands lol.  Still, 6 or 7 pullups with highest resistance is much better than the one that couldn't manage when I first started!  It was freezing today, only 2 turned out to tonight's scheduled Crossfit class. 

I had at least half a bottle of wine last night at a mates and got a ride home, - too much to drive!  So I had a 6k bikeride to pick up my car today.  Short distance sounding, but so friggin cold and very windy with rain today when biking.  I should have worn gloves I realised after the first 200m!

Till next time :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment