Monday, September 9, 2013

3:58-3:59 1000m Row, Level 10, (hardest)!!!

That can finally be ticked off, achieved today for first time in my life!  I'm pretty sure the clock said 3:58 as 1000m clocked over!  Yay me!!!!!  The first 2:30 I was keeping up 1:56 or so average pace, but I started slipping back, then over the last 45 secs, my strokes were more like 2:03/500m, but I MADE IT!!!  WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I didn't do a WOD today, but headed down to the Crossfit box just to practise some skills on my own.  I had to check I could still do box jumps.  And I thought I'd try chin ups, (reverse hands to pull ups) with the green band.  I could do 2, did 3 sets of 2, before I could only manage 1 in a hit.  I tried the kipping swing after watching some videos on youtube, - they make it look easy but I don't have it yet!  I then tried pull ups with the blue band.  Can do 10 now, first set, then 8 second set, (but 2 extra to finish off on own).  I made it to 7 on the third set, then finished off with 5 on their own.  So improvement there.  But I can't quite make a proper pull up yet with the green band, (which I tried after some squats).  I was trying to lift myself as much as poss with green band, then slowly lower......all helpful things I think!

Over and out now, talk soon!

4 comments:

  1. It's great to read about your Crossfitting Pip :) I had to use two bands (blue and red) to do a pullup on Wednesday night, so have plenty of room for improvement, but looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristy! I am finding the more practise I have, the better I get, (however not always in a linear fashion). I have been trying 2-3 sets of pushups and tricep presses about 3 times a week at home outside of Crossfit and some shoulder work with dumbbells with the hope of increasing my strength over time which will help with pull ups. It's working so far. I get into doing airsquats, planks and lunges too from time to time. I am finding Crossfit a bit addictive!

      Delete
  2. I'm so proud of you! Myself, I've become a yoga and Nia fan and basically have not lifted a weight for a year or more. This is because nearly every time I got back into it, my shoulder or hip quickly let me know that they weren't happy. I do miss it, but I don't miss the pain, and yoga is awesome anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara, now I won't take my weight lifting ability for granted. That would suck to be struck with joint or non DOMS related pain! Well done with the yoga! I will google what 'Nia' is!

      Delete