Wednesday, January 2, 2013

HAPPY 2013 TO ALL!!!

 
 
Hello!  Sure has been a while since I've blogged, and the blog format/features seem to have changed so I will need to have a little play to update myself.
 
I think typing with my laptop on my knee while sitting on a lazy boy type chair is a no go unfortunately, unintentionally I seem to lose work which took hourse worth of effort just with swaying of the cursor, - bummer!  That is what happened with my Thailand novel I had just finished writing!
 
Christmas was great, - we had awesome weather down in Southland, sunny and it hit about 28 degrees without wind which is REALLY warm/good for here!  I had it with my parents and some relations at the parental home and garden!
 
As for the photos above, - we have self saucing lemon pudding I made for Christmas, - the first time I made it, (actually made a trial a few days prior which I ate most of!)  And I add more lemon juice and rind than the recipe states, but less milk as tangy and lemony is definitely good!  Next pic is Kaka Point Beach, top of the Catlins Coast, Southern South Island.  Then it's my vege garden, silverbeet, spinach, spring onions, parsley, potatoes, dill, basil, lemon grass and newly planted leeks.  I raid Mum and Dad's garden for other veges!  Next is the beach at Jacks Bay, just off Catlins Coast.  From civilized roads, it's a 8km drive down a narrow, gravel windy road to this secluded beach.  Next pic is a yellow eyed penguin at Jacks Bay, (where I also took a dunk).  The final 2 pics are of part of my garden, newly planted natives by me, (I have more).
 
It's been quite relaxing of late, catching up with family, playing around with gardening, taking a few mountain bike rides, the odd inconsistent bit of running, internet research into a few topics, photography and staying in touch with Perth.  Will be working again full time from next week.  Another day I went floundering with relatives and mates down at Oreti beach, new experience and a hoot with good number of fish caught!
 
I will do a REAL mini 2012 recap! 
* New Year 2012 was at Kalbarri with mates. 
* Feb, the move to NZ was organised, (house was bought).  Also did Febfast.
* June, had a mini fun trip to Melbourne, went to the MCG!
* From 21 July till about 19 Aug did a 29 day challenge, no booze, no sugar, no gutsing, keeping up training etc all consistently, - did it!
* Finished up at my job on 28 Sept, that couldn't come soon enough at the end!
* Thailand from mid Oct till 6 Nov!
* Arrived in my home now 18 Nov.  Have been setting up, doing a bit of work on the gardens, odd jobs, catching up with relatives and old mates from here, cruising, researching study options for this year, some mountain bike riding, running and more!
 
Regarding thoughts about NZ, the thought of missing Oz, trouble with my the organisation of the Thailand trip, I found it to be a stressful year, or time with uncertainties at times!  My weight has climbed this year higher than for a few years.  I reached 81kg mid July, then up well in the 80's again by mid September and I haven't been consistent enough for long enough to make a drastic shift or to really improve fitness.  I had far too much alcohol, sugar, cheese, gutsing in gerenal last year and undesirable eating patterns I'm not pleased with for much of it.  I put in a few good training stints with good results, (strength related notably) but big slip ups in other lifestyle factors!  I had lots of fun though, many bikerides, swims, runs, gym work in and about Perth and lots of fun with mates there!
 
As for 2013:
*  Unfortunately it's the same old lifestyle, weight loss, fatloss, fitness gain goals.  I have events in mind to enter, (lots around here)........Consistency and no mega off-track-ness!  85.5 yesterday morn, (ouch) but xmas day was the all time high for years of 85.7 before I tootled off on my xmas morn must do run.  Am aiming for under 82 by 1 Feb, then keep up the pattern of averaging at least 2kg per month loss.......till, - um, I'm where I want.....then stay there within reason! 
*  Have signed up to do on online course in Sports Training and Development!  With the zero fees scheme, I get it very cheap!
* Will sign up with a multisport club, running club, and photography club.  I wanna increase my fitness base now by the way.
* I intend to volunteer for some events.
* Will work toward employment/work experience the the fitness area!
* Lil sis is due to have her first baby in March, her and her hubby have a house which is soon to start being built.
* Learn more about plants/gardening!
* Meet more peeps and make new friends.
 
That is the basis for the coming year.  There will be lots more, am hoping for a ski day/weekend in winter, am gonna do a cycle event in the North Island with my relative late Nov and maybe a alpine weekend hike with my best mate from Oz if she commits to coming over this year.
 
There will be more to come, off to hit the treadmill for interval slogs now!  (I've got loan of Mum's treadmill and it's been a rainy day plus me being lazy!)
 
Pip :-)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


6 comments:

  1. Hi Pip,
    What a beautiful part of the world you've landed in. Jealous!
    Have the happiest of New Years!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz! Yeah, it's a pretty part of the world here, can bike to nearest coast, (usually cold and windy haha) in about 2.5 hours, (each way) on mountain bike! There are lots of beaut areas, coasts and lakes and coasts within 2 hours or less and adrenalin/adventure Queenstown with all it has to offer is just over 2 hours drive away yet it's lots cheaper down where I am. Love your plans for this year Liz, I look forward to following your 'doings'. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit, I have not explored your part of the country much! I must get there. Good luck with getting your fitness back on track. It sounds like you've made an awesome start! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for taking a while to reply! You are very welcome to stay when you get down this way! Hope you eventually do Sara :-)

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year! Great photos, looks like a wonderful place to live. Good luck with all your plans for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa! Happy New Year to you! NZ is pretty good! I love my house. It is quite a bit cooler than Perth, however at least it is summer at the moment. You are very welcome to stay if you ever get to NZ! :-)

      Delete