Tuesday, January 15, 2013

GENERAL QUICK UPDATE/CHANGING BODY CLOCK AROUND!

G'day!

I'm working again now, am in swing of that quickly.  Day 7 without any alcohol so far this time around.

As I've talked about, - in Perth I had early starts in regard to work.  A few years ago I very regularly had to be up at 3.15am for 4am starts.  Last year I was up at 4.50am in my quest to start the day so was at work on time.  I always had an issue with going to bed early enough though!

However, with no urgeny about things......I found I naturally retreat to being more of a night owl!  So when I finished work in Perth, I found I was in bed later, then up later, - felt blissful!  I did what was necessary to fit with my itinerary in Thailand, however there were never any massively early starts.

NZ is 5 hours ahead of Perth in summer, so when I moved here, - the first night I wasn't in bed till 4am Perth time.  However I did develop a pattern of getting to bed about 1am on average, getting up about 8.30-9.30am after nice lie ins, -bliss!

Now with working, I need to change that clock back around somewhat so I'm up earlier and in bed earlier again!

Today I knew I was gonna have to suck this up...........but I am in the mindframe that I want to get used to doing a decent workout early in the morning on a regular basis again!  Even say at least twice a week, (other workouts can be after work).  Such as a sweat busting run, - or decent HIIT session on the treadmill.   

It has been years since I could get in an early morning workout on a weekday done in Perth cause:
a) I flatly refuse to run outside in the morning before it's light!
b) I considered it rude to have a workout in the house before 5am when housemates are sleeping!
c) I was too sleep deprived from getting to bed too late, and regularly drinking too much alcohol.....the last thing I felt like doing on waking up was an intense workout!

I intend to have a decent treadmill HIIT workout on the go by 6am tomorrow.  What I have noticed.....without alcohol for a week is better sleeps and of course less dehydration in the mornings which both put one in a stronger workout position.  I could probably achieve this with very moderate drinking as well, but will continue to stay off it for now, - till at least end of Febfast. 

My treadmill workout now is a hill program, I stay running at the same speed and the incline keeps changing every minute, - anywhere from 1.0 and 4.0 so the uphill 'sprints' for a minute are the killers!  I have a few resistance moves I do from time to time, just need to start being consistent with them!

Till next time,

Pip

1 comment:

  1. All the best getting back to work mode. Sound like a solid workout. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete