Monday, July 25, 2011

Quick News Snippets

Firstly I have paid a 6 month membership of $15 to join a Camera Club! They meet up at 7.30pm the last Wednesday of every month and sometimes once or twice during the month as well. I think the idea is to turn up when able. So this week will be my first visit. They run competitions, give some direction on skill and have links and compete with other camera clubs overseas. The aim is to go, exhibit other peoples pics, enter any conversations if I can and see if I can meet some new great people and learn new skills over time. If I like it I will join up again next year of course. Am also looking at doing the online diploma of Photography. I have lots to learn!

Next running event is 'City to Surf' 12km run on Sunday 28 August.
Then over this summer I intend to do at least 3 triathlons with at least 1 being the full sprint distance of 750m swim, 20km ride, 5km run.

I've just started gearing up my training again to consist of for next few weeks:
Mon, - at least 30 mins on turbo going hard enough to get good sweat up.
Tue, - 15 min resistance training, (ideally am). 5-6km run after work pushing reasonably fast.
Wed, - 9.6km 'Bridges' Run one lap.
Thur, - Swim of at least 1.5km focusing on technique then speed.
Fri, - Day off
Sat, - 15 min resistance training again with body weight, 1.5km swim focusing on technique then speed.
Sun, - Hills run at least one 9.1km lap but working toward increasing this overtime to a 20km run.

Eventually may drop one run for a bike ride but at my current status am happy with this training plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment