Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Start Of Recent Holiday Pics And Talk! 1st-19th July 2011







Howdy all, I think there will be a few photos here as I have two cameras to download them from. It was a topz trip!!!

I headed out of Perth for Brissie and the Gold Coast 1 July. I met up with Hilary 2nd July and picked up my race pack. 3rd July was half marathon race day. 4th July was spent checking out my old fav places on the Goldy!

5th July I headed up for Airlie Beach to stay with my Aunty and Uncle and was lucky enough to be in their apartment! 6th July was spent lunching then jetskiing around the Whitsundays with a fab bunch of awesome people. 7th July was spent sea kayaking leaving from Shute Harbour with another great bunch! 8th July was spent chillaxing around Airlie Beach with my relatives and farewelling my sis and her husband who had to unfortunately move on from their honeymoon. 9th July I departed Airlie Beach...headed for Sydney via Brissie!

10th July I spent checking out the shops, checking out Circular Quay and Darling Harbour and being enticed by some eateries and wine/cocktail bars at Darling Harbour ;-)!!

11th July was more of the same after a good morning walk! (I didn't organise myself to be up early enough for a run, then shower, then checkout!) Late that evening at 2350hrs infact I ended up in Christchurch where it was an awakening 4 degrees with a small antarctic blast present! :-)

I stayed overnight at the Sudima Hotel, (the nearest one to the airport). Then after a good but too short type of sleep, then great coffee the next morning I was on the plane at 9am headed for Invercargill! I was greeted in Invercargill by my Mum and my sis who had made it back there from her honeymoon! Awesome to see them both. Now it was 1 degree, stronger Antarctic type blasts were present with some snow, rain, sleet in the mix as well! After a bit we had a fantastic lunch, - even a wine with it......and another awesome coffee, - Invers can put it on sometimes!!! That evening it was a great family catchup! 13 July I had a bit of a sleep in, then my sis and I went to visit Grandma who lives 30km away, - my older sis happened to be in the area at this stage so as a family we all went out for tea that night!
14 July was the prep day for Mum and Dad's anniversary dinner that evening with a few others. My sis and I spent the day casually prepping for that, (however Dad ended up cooking the delicious steak so it was an easy day!!!) Great night!
15th July I did a couple of jobs, then a casual 4km jog/run to my sisters! I can see why running with gloves as well as a beanie is a good idea here! I saw my older sis and my Grandma again that day.

16 July younger sis and I were headed for Queenstown. We caught up with a cousin for brekkie, then shopped, caught up with mates, all the normal fun stuff and had some wines in the room that evening! 17 July we caught up with a couple of my younger sisters longer term mates, (I've known them longish term too but know through my sister). It was another great day.

18 July I headed for Christchurch to stay another Uncle and Aunt and more cousins before heading back to Perth yesterday. Really good to see everyone here too!

1st pic is me in the now 'guest room' at Mum and Dad's.
2nd pic is of younger sis and her hubby at 'Coffee Club' in Airlie Beach.
3rd pic is myself at the 'Airlie beach........beach'!!!
4th is the 'Portside Whitsundays' Holiday apartments view from across the road!
5th is 'Portside Whitsunday Office', where my Uncle and Aunt work. They live in a nearby apartment.

More pics coming very soon without all the talk :-)

Pip

No comments:

Post a Comment