Wednesday, July 24, 2013

LIFE AND CROSSFIT PALEO CHALLENGE.....(I THINK WEEK 7) UPDATE!

G'day, sorry it's been a bit long and far between since my last post here.  To me, life has seemed really busy of late, in a few different directions.

OK:, - the nitty gritty first.  Yesterday weight was 81.3kg.  Waist 87cm, Bust, 105cm......a tiny smidgn less than end of week 2, (last post lol).

Going by my last post, - weight was 81.8 on the slightly dehydrated morning I weighed in.  2 weeks later...(along with an active lifestyle)....I followed the urges to have icecream, chocolate, cheese) in too large comfort, (or kinda binge) portions and I was back at 84kg.

A couple of new things, (and normal life challenges) have been going on in my life lately, (I haven't refused them).  At times I've felt overwhelmed, - am used to my 'freestyle living' to a degree.....so at times when 'too' overwhelmed'....I went to the 'default' of binge/comfort eating, instead of scheduling/dealing with it!

I luckily decided to 'ignore' an urge to food medicate, and made myself turn up to a Crossfit training I REALLY didn't feel like attending!  I felt guilty for my Crossfit team on this Paleo challenge.  My 'ideal' way was being very focussed, it almost being my main focus outside of work, study and family!  I pictured myself winning the 'fatloss' section, (I have more to lose than most of the other Paleo challenge participants)....and doing that while doing the least strict paleo diet option!  Yeah.....me!!!!!  Infact I really like paleo food, love salad/veg and lean protein with freshly squeezed lemon juice, cracked pepper and parsley on top and served with fresh hot chillies diced up fine!

The fact that I 'out-trained' a binge urge to failure....made me 'again' decide, yay, I DON'T want to gorge out of control!  There have been a few more social life/different foods/sometimes bigger social eating serves than I am accustomed to since and not 'all clean'.....I thought EEEEEK!  I was wanting to be in 100% of all my food intake, and keep it to basically lean veg/salad/lean protein/a 'bit' of wholemeal grains, (my small 'paleo' rebel talking) and lots of lemon juice/rind/garlic/pepper, minimal almonds, small serves of 'clean' avo plus heaps of water!  I was in the 'mood' 'zone' suddenly for awesome changes, sorta wanted nothing in my way!  All round changes that is, - fitness performance, Crossfit performance, fatloss, to feel I'm living in line with 'values'.

I sorta took it one day at a time, 'obstacle meals/situations' sure did arise.  But I didn't binge, tried to make what I considered at least a 'reasonable' choice in each situation given it, - trained 'hard' somehow about 3 days a week as well as an active lifestyle.  I'd prefer 5-6 times, but did hold some self respect for managing 3 sessions.  About 10 days ago, I weighed in at 82.5.  I had my birthday week last week, a week ago I had received 3 bags of delicacy fudge from my sister, - am pleased to say still half of that exists despite averaging 1.5 pieces a day!  Last Thursday I purchased chocolate to put out at my party, - that even still exists in my fridge.  I did eat about 3 moderate portions of my caramel mudcake over 3 days.  Then froze what remained.  I made awesome sushi, my mate does make yummy well received gourmet homemade pizzas....he did that at my party.  He made a gourmet feed Sun evening.....pretty healthy, but I couldn't quite drum into him.....'100g odd portion size for me regarding red meat'!  I ended up with a T-bone, salmon kebab and nice salad, all beautiful but ate it all anyway.  But contrary to my 'plans' I didn't resort to bingeing/overdoing it.  I did have a couple of drinks Monday night along with 2 pieces of leftover pizza served up relatively late for tea, (no waste)...and weighed in Tue morning at 81.3.

Yesterday, (Tue) evening I did my best performance treadmill run since March which tells me things are on the 'pickup'.  Definitely had no desire to binge after that.  I attended Crossfit, did the 'Chipper' WOD, today - TOUGH!

3.5 weeks till end of this Paleo Challenge.  I can see my original 10kg loss goal is out the window.  I will now aim for 5kg loss all up.....and to just keep up good paleo habits, no bingeing in my personal life......and take one day at a time socially, - and really need to keep up the workouts.  I loved seeing my treadmill improvement yesterday, I have noticed a little improvement on some regards with resistance training, - just want to achieve some new resistance/power Crossfit milestones as well as running and triathlon based small victories!

Ciao till next time!

Pip





2 comments:

  1. It's all about progress, not perfection.

    You are doing so well! The fact that you made some great decisions and had some balance in social situations should be celebrated. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! I am hoping to keep this momentum going for good, am trying to picture what I may be able to achieve in 6 months with staying committed at Crossfit. Add to that, I'm looking to perform better than last summer at running and triathlon events coming up! Bring it! I want to keep relatively paleoish with lots of my personal choices foodwise, not completely, sure will choose to eat oats, rice, (in sushi), bread etc time to time. Social situations are the toughest sometimes I find!

      Delete