Wednesday, July 24, 2013

ACTUAL FITNESS GOALS NOW.............

Hello, I have been giving this some thought lately!  With Crossfit I look forward to improving with everything!

Firstly I will start with the Crossfit related objectives.  OK, I will call them 'objectives' as I don't want to put pressure on myself with dates they 'need' to be accomplished with.  More than anything, I want to be happy with my commitment to training and consistency with leading a lifestyle to my liking but here goes!

* Accomplish the bloody 16 inch box jump.....Crossfit style!  Once first, then again.....then say work toward 5 reps, then work at being able to  complete my WODS using that level!  Now in my WODS I have to turn the box around and make it higher and do step ups if there are lots of reps.  The other instructor lets me do a couple of steps run up before jumping with power, feet together onto the 16 inch box.  I can do quite a few 16 inch jumps with a run up, but not often time for that in a WOD.  It is intimidating looking, I am scared of breaking my ankle trying it still lol!

* Improve with pullups!  OK, EVENTUALLY do 1, then 2 full unassisted pullups.  But for now I will be very happy when I can use the resistance band, (with most resistance, - dark blue band) and manage 1 pullup with getting my chin above the bar!  Then will aim for 2....etc....once I can do a few reps, obviously I will try the next band up.  With the easiest band, I can now move myself up a bit, but am embarrassed to admit I can get my chin very close (or above) the bar at all!  Am now doing the jumping pullups from the box, or ringrows trying to push myself with these as much as possible.

* Gosh, it will be good to be able to use at least a 15kg bar in WODS for front squats, thrusters, overhead squats.  I can use these in the skills bit, but when it comes to a WOD and I'm already fatigued, I can't manage these weights yet.

* All the girls (except me) seem to use a 12kg kettlebell for kb swings in WODs, and there are normally at least 30 in a WOD, sometimes a few sets of 20-30.  Some girls even use the 16kg kettlebells.  I am still using 8kg kbs in the WODs.  I picked up a 12kg kb, noticed it was a big jump up from the 8kg.  (There are no in between 10kg options!)  I definitely couldn't do anymore than maybe 1-2 swings with the 12kg kb....but there isn't time in a class to try.  I aim to in the not too distant future make the 12kg kb my standard!

* I just need to master and automatically remember all the basic Crossfit moves with correct form.  Firstly I wasn't going deep enough in my squats, now I'm informed I'm going too low and deep, (probably why I'm fatiguing with not really a heavy bar).  I keep needing to practice air squats out of Crossfit. I hate it when I have to do 3 plus sets of 30-40 plus of them!

There is a new booking system.  At the moment I'm aiming to make 2 Crossfit sessions a week, but with the new system, for $30 extra a month I can attend unlimited WODS, and even if I don't go to a WOD, I can come and practise skills self directed at the box when a WOD is on and gradually work on sets with more reps etc.  That will be good for me with bumming around with the 16 inch box, dark blue resistance bar, 12kg kettlebell etc, while I get my skills and reps up.  So if I go to 3 WOD's a week or even 2 WOD's and one skills session, I will feel pleased with that effort.

* In addition to that I want to keep up my running, (aim for 20k a week outside of Crossfit), - some longer outdoor runs, others being treadmill efforts and interval/hill work, do a swim every week or 2, and some either road or mountain biking, (which I've been a bit slack with).  Will be good to work toward a sub 50 min 10k, sub 25 min 5k and also enter some not too long duathlons and triathlons.

As for body composition goals/weight goals, I'm not totally sure.  Body fat down close to 20% would be nice, some muscle definition, awesome!  With my Crossfit objectives, I will be doing more consistent strength training than before.  I wonder if I will fit my size 10 clothes again?  And if I did, would I need my weight in the low 60's, or would I achieve the same feat in the mid-high 60's with more muscle?  Hmmm.  That tiny looking little dress, those narrow tiny looking jeans!  Believe it or not but I actually had a size 9 pair of Levi's, (they have a little bit of stretch in them) which actually fit just over 2 years ago!  They all look so small now!  It would be nice to fit all that gear, but getting comfortably into standard size 12's would be nice for now!  Getting below 75kg, (well 80kg first of course) will be a good relief first up!

I have been doing the odd few sets of pushups at home, starting with as many as poss on toes, and the like to try and build upper body a bit, to help toward attaining the next level with my pullups!

So, this is where I'm at now!  Will keep you informed when I reach little mini milestones. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment