Sunday, April 21, 2013

Good Things and Frustrations

I am grateful for so many things, - lovely house, furniture, awesome family, great friends, health, current opportunities plus much much more! :-)

But I'm so impatient!  I want everything now!  I work so hard, undo it all, over and over before achieving what I know I'm capable of!

I submitted the last part of my study, enjoyable but I need to get MUCH better at time management!  I have a small business idea I want to give a good shot in the um, next 20 if not 10 or 5 years!  The thought of work where I enjoy the challenge and believe in what I'm doing = bliss!!!  But how to get started, seems so far removed from my position now!

I really want to travel more, - undertaking various experiences overseas.  Still a bike ride of a week through The Big Island, Hawaii, - a trip to Canada, (bliss) hopefully a bikeride/hike around the rockies amongst it!  Have not been to Europe, would like to go and I have a few things I'd luv to do there.  Not to mention a hike in Nepal, - am really keen to experience that at some point!  Of course some relaxing amongst such trips too!  The desire to travel has that *urgency* feel to it right now!

I am loving my nephew so much when I get to see him, he is now 5 and a half weeks old already, has started smiling, he is getting stronger, he is beaut!

Thing is with me: - I have all these things I want to do, - travel, - study, change of work, work toward starting business.  HOWEVER, - I will be 33 in July and I don't want to write the idea off completely of finding a man, having an awesome relationship, getting married and having a kid.

In saying that, - I have a very full busy life right now, struggle to look after myself, I love sporting events, and would be still be very content if I never had an awesome man or had kids.

However IF the man/kids thing was ever to happen I would love to be/have maintained lifestyle habits I'm proud of, be happy with my fitness level/body composition, I would want to have crossed more off my 'to do' travel list and I would want my work situation to be different!  I am not the type who wants to marry a guy with money, me do nothing, him do all for me, - I like the 50/50 type split style better and working as a team!  There are no men on the horizon at all, that appeal/are available and I don't have time right now haha!

Right now I know I need to stop thinking of the big lofty dreams/goals of the future, controlling the controllables, and take it day by day, cross off little achievements......and keep that going!

As for my current job, - incase you are wondering, it is sorting out tulip bulbs which come past me on a conveyor belt, - where I pick out the the ones not up to quality, - 8 plus hours of that daily! 2 months ago I was peeling these same bulbs as they came past on a conveyor belt. Think it may rise to 10 hour days this week.  (Feel my enthusiasm other than money!!!)  Lovely people to work with, I get on with everyone great, - seriously though!  There are qualified, technical and mechanically minded people who do the more challenging jobs at my workplace.   I do need to stay focussed on the job, keep my eyes open despite constant yawning and make sure my hands and eyes stay working fast enough!  I am lucky to be working!

Am starting Crossfit this week, (new, exciting, scary, am concerned how bad I may be), have no assessments lingering this week, - instead just want to revise what I've submitted and learned.  I aim to report back with better outcomes regarding my lifestyle doings at the end of the week, 1 day at a time though!

Pip :-)


5 comments:

  1. Thank you Michelle! Think I will get my arse whipped tomorrow but am looking forward to adding this type of training and group setting to my current stuff! Will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a very busy life. I totally understand "impatience". Good luck I hope you find everything your are looking and hoping for. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Teresa! I can get very impatient haha....and/or frustrated :-) I think the worst bit is if I seem to yoyo or go round and round in the same circles despite hard work!Then in addition to that to actually believe that I WILL work in a logical way to achieve goals, (I deep down know I CAN, but just haven't long term). Anyway I think it's a universal concern to some degree! I have had many little short term successes and achievements, - although some keep getting 'undone'! I still have lots of fun, but still will stop these silly yoyos/circles! Hope all is well with you! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel as I have been struggling with out success. I know it can be done! Still it does prove very frustrating. Good to hear you are making the best of things, that is the most important way to proceed. Take care.

      Delete