Sunday, April 7, 2013

REV UP!!! CONTINUATION FROM LAST POST!

G'day! To continue from my last post I decided to get in quickly to outline what I'm going to achieve from this challenge, (or whatever you like to call it), - starting tomorrow.

* Length, = 12 weeks!  However the idea is for this to extend in some form forever as it's a lifestyle I wish to maintain.  I'm using the 12 week thing as it gives a defined time to achieve some specific things, fitness and composition related.  The other upside is it will be awesome to say I've stuck to the lifestyle standards I value consistently for 12 weeks!  Start date = 8th April, (tomorrow).  Day 84 = 30th June.  I will work though in weekly blocks!

* Fat/composition/weight (or whatever you like to call it): is in want of some work if I'm serious about my fitness goals and future work in the fitness or nutrition industry.  That coupled with feeling fitter faster and stronger, moving better, being more efficient, and in my opinion looking better is why I want to improve this.  Right now I'd say I'm 83ish kg, (give or take a kg) at 1.71m.  I don't wish to weigh myself as things don't seem to happen as fast as even a couple of years ago on the scales, and also despite consistent work, numbers don't drop in a consistent fashion weekly and I don't want weekly weigh ins to cloud whether I'm 'succeeding or not'.  I don't want to put too much pressure on a goal weight for 30 June, - around 62kg is what I consider ultimation, running is fast then - but unachieveable for this challenge, (unless that's my only focus)!  67-72kg actually looks pretty fit on me, not bad in a bikini, - particularly if I strength train, - upper end could be achieveable at a pinch!  I decided on goal weight for end of the 12 weeks to be sub 75.     

* Even moreso than the body composition thing it is important that I live in line with my values.  I have managed to not binge for periods over 3 months before and have even gone over 6 straight months without letting one glitch turn into focus loss, - unfortunately eventually it always has though, and I strongly desire for this to end permanently. 

Lifestyle balance has never been my fort'e.  I've managed the work, training, social life/relationship balance but add study to the mix and I've struggled, and have also struggled with staying on track/focussed with long term travel/money goals!  12 weeks with organisation and balance standards that I'm happy with is what I'm striving for!

Such standards are:
* Not binge, own my choices, not feel guilty, (only food rules!)

* Alcohol needs a couple of guidelines.  1) They are: have at least 4 alcohol free days per week every week.  2) Never open a bottle of wine if I don't have anyone to share that particular bottle of wine with!  I used to be really bad with that, have cut back lots on the frequency but still have a bottle, (occasionally more) too regularly in my own company while chilling out!  Fun at the time but it doesn't work in with my other goals and I never regret wine I don't drink!  If I don't have a social life and want to drink, on 3 nights of the week I can have up to 2 small bottles/stubbies of beer if I really wish!  That's enough booze rules!  I don't get regretfully drunk in public so that's not a problem!

* With training, - 20 plus k a week of running, (some long runs, some treadmill hill slogs/variety is key with aim of improving times).  Either a 1k swim OR 20k plus efficient bike ride OR RPM class to be completed weekly with aim of good or improving form and improving efficiency.  Achieving the ride and swim, - even better!
I will achieve at least 2 strength sessions per week.  That can either be 20 mins of consistent moves such as pushups, plank, dips, lunges, dumbell moves etc, (I work to a challenging level) OR a Pump class, (if I join a gym!)  I'm not a current gym member. 
ALSO: - I have put my name down for when my nearest town next have 'elements' classes on.  These are 'training' classes for Crossfit.  There are 4 elements classes, where we learn/practice the basic moves.  If I decide from them, that I want to do Crossfit, I would aim to incorporate 2 Crossfit workouts into my weekly training and use that as my resistance work.  My research on Crossfit makes me want to try it!  Without saying, if cause of injury or illness I decide it in my best interests to modify or scrap a workout(s), I'm to be fine with, and own that decision.

* Enough water, no coke zero, (or diet soft drink) and scheduling workout, (and study times), plus recording workout doings.

That's about it :-)

Week 1 goals: Just get 'her' done!  That's the 20k running, 2 20 min resistance sessions and a 20k ride and 1k swim, - plan, do and record doings!  No performance pressure yet!  Succeed on the other goals so I can tick off a successful week.





No comments:

Post a Comment