Thursday, February 21, 2013

WOMEN'S TRI PLANNED FOR SUNDAY!

I have re-read my last post a few times and thought......gee I can write alot of 'obvious crap' when I get on a tangent!  I am saying that in the nicest possible way about myself ;-)

My next event is a Women's Triathlon, - held in Invercargill this coming Sunday.  That involves a 300m swim, (doing laps at the pool so I don't need a wetsuit yet), a 13k roadbike ride and a 3k run.  The swimming with a sports bra under my tankini will be interesting, I haven't checked the weather yet but hopefully we don't have freezing southerly winds while out on the bike and run with the wet tankini on!  Someday, - the plan is to get a trisuit!  I'm not too worried about it as I've done triathlons longer than this in Oz, I think it's more participation than competitive based.  However when I'm out there I will certainly give it my best, - I'm stubborn like that!

On Wednesday night I joined a group of keen hikers to hike up to one of the highest peaks nearby!  The farmer opened his farm up, and whoever wanted to go up between 6.30-9pm could that night, - for a fee of $2 which went to the local Sporting organisation.  This was a popular event.  The view was awesome, night was clear so you could see the coastline and towns even 60k away in the distance one direction and mountains behind us.  The walk up and back takes 2 hours at a brisk pace, - then of course we had a few mins at the top to capture the view.  We were close to the bush as well, nice appreciating the great outdoors.  It is still light at 9pm here just, however evenings are starting to close in on us, - late December it's light till after 10pm, then we have long twilights!

I have quite a few events lined up this year that I want to have a crack at, - runs, triathlons, duathlons, mountain biking and the like!  Both my bikes have been serviced this week, and I have new tyres on my mountain bike, exciting stuff!

Study and work are going well.  I find it a struggle to retain as much new info as quickly as I would like to, - but will get there.

Will be back with an update on Sunday's pending triathlon!

No comments:

Post a Comment