Sunday, April 15, 2012

WEEK 1 UPDATE........NOW DAY 8/84

Howdy, we have almost come to the end of week 1!!!

I have almost stuck to my training schedule for the week. Only differences were that Tuesday I did a 5.8km outdoor run, (as well as an unexpected 4km powerwalk with gear) instead of scheduled RPM class. Reason for that was a stuff up in the arvo train system. Also I did hope to get to a yoga class at gym on Sat morning, but I got a bit lost cycling a back route, left home too late so missed that class.

Hence training achieved for week been:

MONDAY: 5.8k run, 100 pushups over 4 sets and 40 tricep dips
TUESDAY: 5.8k run again, - shaved 2.5 mins off Mon's time
WEDNESDAY: 70 pushups, Bodypump class using weights I was quite satisfied with for now, 2.02km treadmill run in 10 mins, 10 mins on rower, (2.08km), cooldown on stationary bike and cross trainer
THURSDAY: 9.6km outdoor run, 100 powerlunges with 2 x 1 min plank thrown in when I had a rest break with the lunges
FRIDAY: - Day off!!!!!
SATURDAY: 40km bike ride, - hills included! 1km swim, (40 laps of 25m pool)
SUNDAY: - 5.8k run again, - should have done this morning but missed the boat and did it in early evening

Also there has been lots of incidental activity on top of training thrown in, lots of steps to go up and down in my working day, also work is on feet, active, fast for 8 hours a day!

Diet wise, pretty good, have had no confectionary or sugary products this week. Had no alcohol during the weeknights which was pleasing. Just had an extra glass of wine for my liking on Fri and Sat. So pretty pleasing effort for week 1.

Today, (start off week 2) I weighed in, 1.6kg down. Went to bed far too late last night and felt REALLY crabby and tired today all day and particularly when 4.45am alarm went! But still made it to gym this arvo actually smashing out a session I was pleased with. 100 push ups over 4 sets with first 6 each set being on toes, (in between each push up set I did 15 tricep dips, 1 min plank, 20 bicycle crunches). Next I headed to treadmill for 30 min run to see how far I could go with incline at 0.1. Today I made 5.20km, HR was 200bpm at the very end before cooldown. Next I headed for shoulder press machine, doing 3 sets 12, then tricep dip machine, 3 sets 10, then finished with the ab curl up thing, - managed 10 first up, then a final 5 reps. Eats all in order today :-)

So it's busy busy busy still! I got one assessment essay done last week but still have so much to do.......want more time! Will talk soon!

Oh yeah, I'm off to watch the footy on Saturday, Eagles versus Hawthorn! I even bought an Eagles top and scarf :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment