Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hot News Off The Press........

Howdy! I haven't announced this on FB yet......will mention it closer to the time, (still a good many months off). If people find the link to my blog they will find out......anyway.........

I'M MOVING BACK TO NZ BY CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR!!!!!

Yep! Can't believe how quickly this all came about. I'd been casually surfing the net, looking at real estate and dreaming. Such as apartments in Perth, units and homes in Perth, property in Margaret River, Busselton, Augusta and the like, property on Oz's East Coast, property in NZ, property near my home town. Definitely, around my hometown in NZ is the most affordable option. Anyway Friday, (8 days ago) Mum sent me a link to a beautiful property on a 1300 sq metre section only 4.2km from where they live. I was very impressed! After much deliberating, research, parental help, life assessing.......it's now mine!

I love my lifestyle in Perth, my mates here, the beaut climate, the beaches, the opportunity, the vibe! There were a couple of things I was working toward changing such as not being 'such' a scared nervous driver on busy city roads. That has held me back from achieving and doing quite a few things I would have liked to here in Perth. That's the main one actually as it narrowed down job prospects/opportunities and made it more difficult to be actively involved with clubs etc. That's why I was considering quieter towns such as Busselton where driving would be less of an issue. Back when I lived in Boddington in 2005 I didn't have an issue driving in alot of Mandurah.......but it's grown bigger and busier since then.

However living close to family wins out!....and much cheaper real estate compared to WA! I haven't lived close to family since being......18??? I'd stayed with them for a couple of months a couple of times but did leave their strong circle. Family are being very helpful regarding my decision process too. I am very lucky to have many good helpful perks too. It will be exciting.....and I'm hoping to make a really good go of it. Gotta make the most of the sun this year but, - Perth climate rocks!!!!! ;-) Annual membership in a Triathlon Club over there is NZ$40 in my birth city compared to a few hundred here in Perth so I found out.......so you can guess what I will be doing! Well regarded study is cheaper over there as well if I decide to do some 'on the side' lol!

Other news: - Day 18 and Febfast is still going strong!!! I occasionally get those group sms's which help me keep the feeling of needing to be accountable! To those who don't know what Febfast is.......it's a month off the grog! We pay $25 to sign up for it, - the money 100% goes toward helping youths with drug/alcohol probs and we are encouraged to fundraise further......similar style to the 40 hour famine. Even went for a 6km run at dusk tonight, - quite an enjoyable run even!

Last weekend I was crook, - either a 24 hr bug or food poisoning. Anyway it was horrid. Since I got a totally unexpected/unplanned detox then......I felt really motivated not to eat too much crap this week, - no excesses, minimal processed food, lots of vegies, some fruit, lean protein, wholegrain carbs, (or 'root' carbs such as sweet potato), no soft drink, no confectionary and mindful choices etc. I'd slipped up badly somewhat the week or two before that unfortunately. I was successful this week but! Really must work on going to bed earlier on weeknights still!

Nutrition course arrived! Must start it tomorrow!

Now Thailand is definitely on the cards again. I will finish up at work, have my holiday, come back to Perth to tie up all the final loose ends and stay goodbye to everyone, then head home across the ditch! However I'm going to work on changing my Thailand booking. The option with the right time frame which grabs me now is a Kumuka tour. It starts in Bangkok with sight seeing for a couple of days, then an overnight train to Chiang Mai, 2-3 days of hiking and tribe visits, then down to a National Park for more trekking and much more, then down to Krabi/Phuket area to spend a few days! At tour completion then flying Phuket-Perth. The start date for this tour is 10 October. Another thing I really want to do is a 7 night cruise around the Hawaiian Islands. I've longed to do that for years! Tempting this year......but with money and other commitments, - that one may wait till my next OE.

Past my bedtime well and truly now! Talk soon!

Pip :-)

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Congratulations on your very exciting news Pip, bet you can't wait to get moved in!!

    ReplyDelete