Tuesday, February 28, 2012

FEB ROUND UP........CRUNCH TIME NOW!!!!!

Howdy!

Well, we have one day left of this amazing month tomorrow. The adverts are out.....proposals may happen world wide! Awesome parties may occur! On a light hearted note,.....if a guy proposes or a couple get married tomorrow, - they only need to remember their anniversary every four years.....but with that you'd want a decent celebration every four years!

It's an extra day for me this month to keep off the booze, (till I've successfully completed Febfast)! I'm thinking Febfast may be an annual challenge for me although I haven't committed to it. Better than 'Dry July', - the month of my birthday!

SOOOO......what's happened in Feb? A bit actually!
* A month off alcohol, - (or only one day from it as I speak). Well done to all Febfast participants by the way!
* I'm moving back to NZ this November so have started to organise bits and pieces to do with that.
* I've booked and paid in full for my Thailand Discovery Kumuka tour in Thailand, (departing 19 Oct, returning to Perth 6 Nov).
* I've made a good start on my 'Introduction To Nutrition' online course and re-aqauinting with chemistry again, - first time since high school! I had trouble obtaining a necessary text book for this nutrition course but have found out I should receive it by the end of the week.
* I'm seriously looking into further studying at Southern Institute of Technology in Invercargill next year......and am not ruling out even looking into applying to study a bachelor!!!....(don't know if I'd get accepted for that but there is no harm in trying!) With a Zero Fees Scheme at SIT in Invercargill, - the cost of study is radically reduced, (no tuition fees, just textbooks etc). The plan then would be to probably aim to work part time in a hospitality based job, or maybe for my family or in the field I decide to study in. If not a bachelor, - maybe a diploma!
* Last Thursday I cut through a quarter of my thumb while shredding lettuce with a sharp knife while turning away momentarily to talk! Whoops! However that was my first ever time I've cut myself with a knife. I had a tetanus shot on Friday, arm has been sore since and is only starting to feel almost normal and painfree today!
* Commitment to training hasn't been good enough for my liking,.....no excuses.....fullstop! Have had some really good training sessions and pleasing, (for my current level) runs this month but the consistency hasn't been there. I've stayed up too late at night *studying*, playing/researching on the net which = 5 hours in bed till the alarm, then getting up the next day for work is a struggle yet alone training! I can blame change/excitement/disappointments/disruptions to routine but in reality that is all part of ......and called life! The same applies for nutrition, - for a couple of weeks straight I feel rather on form/unstoppable, loving my choices, - a small unplanned 'slip up' is a hard fought momentarily loss of focus.

The really big thing I want to focus on is achieving certain standards across all areas of life mainly being work, study/self improvement/skill development, maintaining/attaining friendships & family relationships, fun, travel, training/fitness, sleep, nutrition, financial discipline, keeping on top of organisation/essential tasks. (I think all that sounds about right). My thing is I can put all my focus into about 3-4 of them completely for a set period of time, but then let the others slip by the wayside too much!

So.....in regard to my last post it's time to go for DISTINCTION in March :-)  Haha!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pip,

    I dont know about you but I find autumn a really positive and inspiring season in which traditionally I've achieved great things. I hope its the same for you and I'm sure you'll nail your distinction in March.

    ReplyDelete