Monday, August 15, 2011

Two pics taken from Lesmurdie Falls at the weekend





I took a few and as you see I need to improve with exposure and tint. My camera has the 'Happy Birthday' frame function as pictured and a couple of other frame options.

The best most clear pic of the day was of two random houses where the sky colour and all was awesome and vivid. The angle was different but I feel silly just posting pics of random houses.

Last week I attended another Camera Club workshop. The basis of the evening was being shown the basics of 'Light Room 3'. It's an advanced photo editing programme one can buy. We were shown how an average shot with low exposure was transformed into a $1000 winning shot! Absolutely amazing! Parts of pics can be deleted. Any parts of pics can be lit up or down, exposure can be changed, cropping can be done amongst lots more technical stuff. We were informed the 'Light Room 3' program costs just short of $400 unless we can give true strict evidence we are students and unemployed I gather. Photoshop costs about $1200 I believe. I was advised Light Room 3 would prob be the best investment if I was to buy one product to enhance photos!

Anyway I have been playing and editing photos I've been taking on 'Windows Live Pictures' which came installed in this laptop. It's really basic but I can crop, straighten horizons, remove small blemishes or small unwanted bits of photos, change the exposure and tint. So am starting to learn new stuff :-)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having fun with the new camera Pip!! I would love to learn more about photography, maybe one day!

    Hilary xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried 'Gimp' or 'Photovio'. Both are free. Jase uses Photivo and says it is really good, maybe a bit tricky to use. It can work with raw files.

    ReplyDelete